[jhb_airlines] Re: AAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!! Yet Again

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:44:44 +0000

Hi Gerry,

It is quite common for the USB controller to become corrupted in XP, however most users dont normally notice it as they just unplug, put it back in and it works again. However with multiple input interfaces this doesnt always work.

I would recommend re-installing the USB drivers, these are stored in your i386 folder in XP (or on the disk depending on your install options) To uninstall first you'd need to go into the device manager and find your USB controller(s) and uninstall from there (preferable in safe mode)

Worth trying, I normally end up doing it several times a year as I often put any combination of devices in different ports whenever I plug them in (a big no no in XP as it assigns a driver to a specific port for a specified device)

All the best,

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Suddenly, in either FS9 or FSX, my GF yoke, pedals and some of the other switches don't seem to be working.
I've tried a Restore, to a couple of days ago. Fearing the installation, but not registration, of FSUIPC 4 and WideFS, I've uninstalled them.
The only other thing that I can think of is that the USB connection route is corrupted. Is this possible?