[jhb_airlines] Re: AAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!! Yet Again

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:40:32 +0000

Although it takes a fair amount of searching, it's possible still to get the old PCI slot graphics card. They are relatively cheap and I've just ordered one to see if it fairs better on the Flightsim PC. During an unsuccessful search for PCI-E x 1 info, I dropped across an article claiming that PCI-E's main reason for existance is marketing driven. They reskon PCI-X is just as fast etc.

Plenty of machines are still kicking around with PCI (and AGP) slots. They may have been superseded but it will be a good while before they are truly out of the picture. I'll bet there are still some old machines with ISA or CMR slots still kicking around.. <g> I've not used a floppy drive for years now. Backup is to an external hard drive and if I need to copy something to others I use a USB stick. I can only presume you don't have a lot of backup material on your PC if the floppy is still your main backup route. Here I have 4Gb of photographs and 15Gb of music alone - plus another 3Gb of downloaded FS aircraft and programs. bones

        Date: 15/12/2006 17:10