[jhb_airlines] Re: AAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!! Yet Again

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:00:08 +0000

Gerry,

600Watt should be plenty. Most of the internal cards are all plug and play. Should work straight off no problems. If not then it'll come with a driver disk that should sort it all out for you. Thats the theory anyway ;)

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:
If I go the non hub route, PSU is 600Watt, do I need to reinstal the USB drivers?
If yes then I'll be back for further enlightenment!

Gerry Winskill

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:

Hi Gerry,

Yes you would, as long as you are confident in your power supply. I have always had problems with Hubs, as they try to kick in while windows is booting and if they are full it has led to jams for me in the past.

PCI cards for USB are really cheap these days (often cheaper than a hub) and are a far better way to add USB capability. If you have spare PSU capability then go for it.

All the best,

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Blasted Chinese!
The replacement powered hub seems to have bitten the dust. Would I be better installing extra USB sockets, via my PCI slots?

Gerry Winskill