[jhb_airlines] Re: AAAAAAARG!!!!!!!!!! Yet Again

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 21:40:43 +0000

Hi Gerry,

Yes you would, as long as you are confident in your power supply. I have always had problems with Hubs, as they try to kick in while windows is booting and if they are full it has led to jams for me in the past.

PCI cards for USB are really cheap these days (often cheaper than a hub) and are a far better way to add USB capability. If you have spare PSU capability then go for it.

All the best,

Alex

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Blasted Chinese!
The replacement powered hub seems to have bitten the dust. Would I be better installing extra USB sockets, via my PCI slots?

Gerry Winskill