[jhb_airlines] Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:02:19 +0000

Oh, forgot the real clever bit.
Postings on the GF Forum have become increasingly scathing of the company's failure to reply to direct requests for help, or requests posted on the Forum. Yesterday one of the staff posted, in effect saying the number of module types they now offer made it impossible for the number of staff to respond to Forum requests. He did however give his own email address, plus that of a colleague, who would be delighted to continue to help. I think he'd missed the point. Obviously a potential politician.

Anyway, I emailed him with my requests for information. I received a notification from my ISP, saying it is impossible to deliver email to that address and this is a permanent error. I sent one to his colleague's address. Same result!

The concensus seems to be good products from a crap company.

Off to do another trawl for obsolete gear.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Since configuring my GOFlight kit, with the FSX compatible version, a system which has been brilliant for years is now somewhat less so.

In FSX the ADF frequency set facillity doesn't work.

In FS9, last night being a good example, the GF-MCP Autopilot freezes, after initially running OK. Last night I discovered that although the display freezes, its knobs actually still change the various values on the FS9 aircraft's Autopilot.

I've just spotted that the latest download of this version of GFConfig has a readme that now covers the problem. It's apparently caused by GF kit incompatibillity with some current mobo chipsets; I think. So, in effect it's the computer's fault. Although latest versions of the GF-MCP have had the firmware altered, to cope with the problem, the earlier versions can't so be treated. The simple solution, it says, is to install a PCI slot USB 1.1 Host Controller Card.

Really simple, apart from the fact that USB 1.1 being obsolete, no one seems to offer these cards..............