[jhb_airlines] AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:49:40 +0000

Since configuring my GOFlight kit, with the FSX compatible version, a system which has been brilliant for years is now somewhat less so.

In FSX the ADF frequency set facillity doesn't work.

In FS9, last night being a good example, the GF-MCP Autopilot freezes, after initially running OK. Last night I discovered that although the display freezes, its knobs actually still change the various values on the FS9 aircraft's Autopilot.

I've just spotted that the latest download of this version of GFConfig has a readme that now covers the problem. It's apparently caused by GF kit incompatibillity with some current mobo chipsets; I think. So, in effect it's the computer's fault. Although latest versions of the GF-MCP have had the firmware altered, to cope with the problem, the earlier versions can't so be treated. The simple solution, it says, is to install a PCI slot USB 1.1 Host Controller Card.

Really simple, apart from the fact that USB 1.1 being obsolete, no one seems to offer these cards..............