[jhb_airlines] Re: A question of altitude

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:17:00 -0000

Transition Level won't be a variable because it varies from country to
country and can vary within areas within a country (like the UK).

If you are flying any posh aircraft with built in altitude alert - the one
that dings at you as you approach 1000ft to go to target altitude - a crafty
dodge is to dial in 1000ft above TA rather than your cleared level. When it
dongs reset altimeters to 1013.25 and dial in your cleared level.