[jhb_airlines] Re: A question of altitude

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:58:24 EST

In a message dated 14/11/2006 19:48:43 GMT Standard Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

In other  words their altimeters will always
be set to the value corresponding to the  last height clearance issued by
ATC. If ATC use "Altitude" altimeters are  set to QNH, if they use "Flight
Level" you set 1013.2 - irrespective of the  current height of the aircraft.

Complicated world isn't it?  <vbg>

Yes! But in that case the pilot must take responsibility for the actual
setting, the altitude alert must just act as a reminder, rather than an
automatic
switch.

I've started looking at this, I had a look at macros as explained in the  SDK
- NOT! I'm now off off for a lie down.

Frank T.