[jhb_airlines] Re: A question of altitude

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:37:27 EST

In a message dated 14/11/2006 19:22:21 GMT Standard Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

The only way you can make such a gauge is  to ignore TA and build a simple
altitude alert gauge. For this you would have  to dial in the TA as the alert
height and set the trigger to zero rather  than 1000ft as in the default AA
gauge. In the UK this is the only way you can  do it because there is no way
the
sim will know that the TA for places like  London is 6000ft, Birmingham 5000ft
and Norwich is 3000ft.

Yes I see, I need to build an altitude alert gauge, with the altitude set  by
the pilot. Its more complex than anything I've done up until now, but I'll do
 some research. Thanks Bones.

Frank T.