[jhb_airlines] Re: A question of altitude

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:21:09 -0000

Gerry,

Are you sure the gauge doesn't just tell you what datum you are using on
your sub scale is? On some aircraft there is a switch that flicks between
1013.2 and QNH but I don't think it can be triggered to change
automatically.

OTOH if Frank builds his own Altitude Alert gauge then this could be used to
trigger the switch operation. It would need two gauges though:

Alt Alert gauge could have TA dialled in and then:
A:INDICATED ALTITUDE(feet) <= dialled alt should trigger the switch to 1.
A:INDICATED ALTITUDE(feet) > dialled alt should trigger the switch to 0.

 This switch could be an invisible gauge that sets the Barometric Sub Scale
to QNH for 1 and 1013.2 for 0.