[jhb_airlines] A question of altitude

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:10:08 EST

My brain woke up this morning with a wizzo idea to help decrepit pilots  like
me, why not a cockpit indicator which warned you that you were passing
through the transistion level and need to reset the altitude gauge?

I searched through the FSX variable list looking for something like
transition level, but failed. I then had a quick hunt through the FSX events
list,
and found -

Barometric - Syncs altimeter setting to sea level pressure, or 29.92 if
above 18,000 feet.

From that I assume that the transition level is hard wired into the code at
18,000 feet.

OK for the USA I guess.