[jhb_airlines] Re: 4Gls

  • From: "Tom Smith" <ftd.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 21:29:56 +0100

don't drag me in to YOUR rants
To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 9:20 PM
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: 4Gls

I'd overlooked that one.

The refference to FACT is caused by missinterpreting the Farm Strip's NDB code as it's airfield code. The field codes emanate from Bones' database of all known UK airfields, strips and gliding sites. Since the Farm NDBs are essentially non existant, I assign them myself. All start with F, for farm. The other three letters may have some connection with the strip name. Hence, FACT, far from being on the veldte, is the NDB that really isn't at ..........er, I can't remember. I do recall flying past it in the last few days, as spotted on the Garmin. I do hope I don't now have blokes leaping out of the undergrowth and claiming I'm Lobby Ludd. For those too young to remember who that is, perhaps Tom will fill you in.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

FA is specific to RSA but the F block allocation is for Southern Africa.