[jhb_airlines] Re: 4Gls

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:47:59 +0100

No, assume 1 Imp Gal of aviation fuel weighs 8 lbs. If you see any in USGals, they are about 0.8 of an Imp Gal, so weight per US gal will be around 6.5 lbs. Since FS is American, they may not know the rest of us don't use US Gals, so it's safer to just use the lbs weight quoted in the FSX Fuel menu. Ditto in aircraft fuel use specs, it removes the ambiguity.

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

OK

assume 4.5 Litres to the gallon imp

19L is just over 4G

1G water weights 10Lb imp Spg of 1.0

Spg of aviation fuel is a little lower,  but we will assume the same.

So 4G *10Lb = 40, bingo!

See! I still remember a bit from my chalk and slate days.

Now to do some more Farm strips.

FF aka M-UDAL