[jhb_airlines] Re: 4Gals

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:32:29 +0100

As it does in real life.

The recent accident at Sandown has raised this issue again with suggestions
that the PA28-140 was overweight. This is unwanted speculation but the truth
is that a PA28 with four on board can be badly overweight if the tanks are
more than half full - more so if there is luggage on board.

At MAUW a PA28 needs about 1100ft take off run in ISA conditions so, for
shorter runways, load needs to come down a lot. If it is a hot day then it
just makes things worse as Density Altitude is against you.