[jhb_airlines] Re: 4Gals

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:30:02 +0100

Could you also use litres too?

5 Imp Gal is about 22.7L
5 US Gal is about 19L

From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 18 August 2007 19:24
To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: 4Gals

I must confess to fiddling the Pirep!
When I checked the fuel used, by the Rotax engined Lionceau, after the
first two trips, I couldn't believe them. I was about to increase its
fuel consumtion, using Fuel_Scalar= . Twelve pounds didn't seem enough
for a 30 minute flight. Instead I dug out my GA mags and looked for a
couple of Rotax engined Microlights. At normal cruise speed, they "sip"
fuel at a rate that converts to about 35 lbs per hour.
If you opt for Lbs as units then the minimum value of 5 isn't a problem.

Gerry Winskill