Re: zone alarm?

  • From: "Sean M McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:25:53 -0700

If your getting dsl, depending on your needs, you should get a built-in
router with some kind of a firewall.  It isn't very advanced however.  If
you want to get a router, most routers also have firewalls built-in which
are better then zoanalarm will be.  I've heard linksys?  Anyone else want
to chime in?

"janet smith" <janetp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/11/2004 03:48 PM
Please respond to jfw

        To:     <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        zone alarm?

hi does any one kow if zone alarm is jaws friendly the reas why i am
asking
cause in a couple of months we will be going to dsl woa hoo am so excited
get rid of dial up and i will need a fire wal and i dot want to use the
one
built in to windows xp and my  other question is which router is good to
use
with jaws i mean the soft ware to set  up the router so the two computer
can
be on a net work? any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
your sister in christ
janet smith
msn id
janetpursley@xxxxxxxxxxx