re: your first screen reader

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS users list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:38:11 -0700

My first screen reader, which is one that hasn't been mentioned yet, was screen
power. I used it on a little IBM laptop from late 94 to early 98. That's when i
switched to jaws in school. But I had experience with it at home before hand,
in 1996 using jaws for dos with a dec pc/express, which i used up until 2005
(the decPC/express, that is, with windows 98). i loved the dec too much. Now I
am using a Del desktop with XP and an upgraded version ofthe Dec(Dec
Express...) trust me, they are different in look and feel but not for sound
production as much... and a laptop for school purposes running jaws and the
dectalk access 32 software. I much prefer the external, not only for speech
output, but for the external factor as well. I would never switch to Dectalk
USB!

Patricia