Re: xp pro with jaws

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:39:33 -0400

Azhar,

To find out which version you have, check your Jaws disk with the keys on it.
If it says JAWS NT, you have the version which will work with XP Pro.

An laternative way to check is:

Go into your JAWS50 folder.  Look for the file hjauth.exe and enter on it.
Choose the radio buttonm labeled authorization information.

The dialog box will then give you info such as JFW serial number, number of
installs left, etc.  One of those items is allow Windows NT,  If it says no,
you don't have the NT version and you won't be able to use XP Pro until you
purchase an upgraded key from Freedom Scientific.