Re: xm radio and jaws

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:39:06 -0500

hi. you don't even need to use the mouse cursor for the online version.
here's what I do.
1. visit
http://listen.xmradio.com
and log in.
2. I've created custom labels so the fields speak properly.
The first is for your user name, the second is for your password. so i enter those and click the go button. I also created a label for that because it was a bit chatty.
3. On the page that comes up you have a few frames and links. the one you want to pay attention to is xm channels.
4. press that and a new browser window opens. This is the xm radio player.
5. If you know the channel number you want to listen to, simply enter it in the quick tune edit box and press the button and the station loads. If you don't like how your music is sounding, you can also go into the options which is also located on the main screen. You can get a list of channels, find out what's playing and all kinds of other stuff. but again, the JAWS cursor isn't needed for this at all. All this is done using standard methods of JAWS use with the pc cursor active all the time.

At 10:48 PM 6/26/2005, you wrote:
I did get it to work by moving the jaws curser around and hitting the left mouse button but the pc curser does not see anything. If anyone is interested when you bring up the tuner click on the number such as channel 60. and it will come up.