Re: working with main frame

  • From: "Steven Hicks" <Steven.Hicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:07:12 +0000

Hello,

what software do you use to connect to the MainFrame?  What opperating
system is on your PC?

Steve.

>>> margarena@xxxxxxxxxx 27 December 2003 >>>
Hello!
   I hope that all of you are having a wonderfully tranquil holiday
season.
     I recently got a job as a customer service representative for a
company which deals with governmental insurance and benefits.  I have to
access the main frame a lot, and JFW is not reading very well at all.
It rarely reads the field that the cursor is on when I press insert up
arrow, and when I type it echoes all of these strange numbers even when
I type letters, and I have the characters turned off.  I haven't used
very many programs on the main frame yet, but I am sure they are only
going to be more complicated, and that they won't speak well at all.
     I'm wondering if anybody has had experience using a main frame
before.  I'm looking for any suggestions and/or assistance.  I want to
get this problem solved quickly, because I don't want my employer to
decide I'm not worth the energy.  I'm not sure that the city in which I
live has truly knowledgeable and experienced people who can accurately
assist me.
     Thanks in advance, and have a good day!
jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject
line.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and is intended for the attention and use of the named
addressee(s).  It must not be disclosed to any other person
without our authority.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a
person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient or
are aware that this e-mail has been sent to you in error, you are
not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message or any part of it.

We sweep all outgoing messages for the presence of computer
viruses.  However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any
loss or damage to your systems due to viruses or malicious code
not detected.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are
those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the
organisations within the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Health
Community