Re: word and jaws

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:58:14 -0700

You may be using Norton, which causes problems with Word; somebody else can elaborate if you are indeed using Norton, as I won't use those products.  As far as the parent and child windows are concerned, with Word open, hit alt-space, then x.  Next hit alt-hyphen, x.  Also, hit alt-v.  You should hear the phrase "normal checked."  If all you hear is "normal" hit enter.

Dean
At 05:50 PM 7/12/2006, you wrote:

Hello, Everyone:

I am using JAWS 7.0 and Word 2003. When I open a document that has been previously created and try to arrow down the document one line at a time JAWS does not read the document correctly. There will be pauses in speech and sometimes the words are partially read as if there is a window on the screen. I was told that the daughter window and the main window in Word has to be maximized for the document to read correctly. What does this mean?

Alicia

-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx