Re: windows xp sp 2

  • From: "Kiran Kaja" <kiran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:52:13 +0530

Hi Phillip,

The network install is not only for IT pros but individual users as well.
The only difference is that with the network install, you get all the
patches which have been released ever since Windows XP came out and so the
file is 266 mb in size. Where as with automatic updates, windows will check
your system to see if you have any updates already installed and downloads
only those parts of service pack 2 which are required. If you have the
bandwidth, I suggest you download the network install so that you can use it
later on if you format the computer and re-install windows XP.

Kiran.