windows media player help

  • From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:23:21 -0800

hi.
did a super anti spyware and a malware bytes scan, and did the full scan.a
nd it found the trogen.agent a and removed it.
i cannot play any audio files in windows media palyer 11.
using windows vista home premium.
and the abc has updated their live streams.
and do not like the flash stream, so got the windows media stream.
now, rebooted my laptop, which is a toshiba, and also downloaded the windows
vista audio codex.
and now cannot play any .asx files.a
nd did do a system default to factory, which wiped out everything and got a
external hard disk, so had everything backed up.a
nd took me another three days to reinstall everything, because had a nasty
virus infection.
long story.
so, will paste the eerror messages i get.a
nd the first file is Local_Hobart.asx and heres the error message.
tried to use the alt control l for the libary and created a libary playlist and
searched for all my files.b
ut cannot seem to get tot hose check boxes using jaws 12.
so here's the first message.

Windows Media Player cannot play any items in the playlist. To find information
about the problem, click the Now Playing tab, and then click the icon next to
each file in the List pane.

and now tried to play network2.asx, for the world cup cricket, and when i try
to play this.
here's the error message i get.
Windows Media Player cannot play, burn, rip, or sync the file because a
required audio codec is not installed on your computer.
anbd which codex do i need to play all .asx files.
unless i try to set itunes as my default player and see what that comes up.b
ut not sure if itunes support, .asx.
help me out.s
tumped and just getting frustrated.w
as able to play the local hobart yesterday afternoon, before superanti spyware
did its full scan, as set to scan every sunday at 3 pm.
and so was able to play the network2.asx file on saturday night.
no good doing a system restore, that will just restore the mal ware.a
ny one ran into this problem with windows media 11 and windows vista.
have tried looking on the microsoft website, tried searching to try to find a
resolution to this problem.b
ut did not find any information to fix my problem.
i need help.
marvin.