windows media player and codecs

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:02:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

this is a reply to an inquiry by Jake about Windows
Media Player requesting codecs.

Out of the box, wmp can only play a limited set of
audio formats. To play others, you need to install the
appropriate codecs (coder-decoder).

Where to obtain codecs to play m4a and ogg files in
wmp is described in the Audio file formats section of
this guide to wmp 11:
http://tinyurl.com/2hwmrn

David.