which ports, or why?

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:07:42 -0500

Hi all. Does anyone know if, for example, if jfw says it cannot connect to the server, that "there is a problem with your internet connect," when it needs to go out and register itself, if a wireless router may be blocking a particular port? The firewall my friend uses, (AVG8 suite) was told to allow all connections, but jfw cannot go out and connect. Everything else appears to do so, so we're wondering if the wireless router may be blocking a port which has to be released, and if so, which one? It is a Dlink router if someone can assist.

Thanks!

Curtis Delzer.
HS

Alternative archives located at: