RE: which OS will work better with JFW5?

  • From: "Cy" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:44:30 -0600

Hi,
  Sorry I took a stupid pill today. I completely missed the boat and got
wrapped up in operating systems. If you are getting a 750MHZ system the
operating system will be the least of your problems. I still have an old
750 system and Eloquence was not good at all on it. It is just too slow
to react and give good speech. What you actually need with a computer of
that speed is Windows 98 with the DEC board or you need to use a
synthesizer to take the processing load off of the cpu. Memory is also
going to be a major problem with 2K or XP. The normal 128 meg just will
not do the job. Try for at least 512 meg. CYS..----Original Message-----