Re: when the computer starts

  • From: "cheryll" <cheryll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:28:20 -0800

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: G.W. Cox
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 6:23 PM
  Subject: Re: when the computer starts

      This is from a helpful hint at www.jfwlite.com.

  Go to the accessories submenu on your programs menu and go into system tools
  and enter on system restore.
  On the first page, choose the radio button for restore my computer to an
earlier
  Time and press alt N for next.
  when you come to the page that has the calendar, as you are arrowing
  down the page you will come to the calendar.  As you arrow down, you will
  hear something about going to the previous month, then the current month
  and year for example August 2002, then about going to the next month.  If
  you keep arrowing you will hear sun mon tue wed and so and then you will
  come to where it starts reading dates like 1 2 3 4 5 and so on.  Use insert F
  to determine if the date and time are in bold.
  When you find the day of the current calendar month you want to restore to,
hit enter
  on the date.  Then tab once.  You will hear something about going to the
  previous day then arrow down and you will hear the date you picked for
  example Thursday August 29, then something about going to the next day.
  Then arrow down one more time and you will start hearing the restore points
  for that day.  When you are on the one you want to restore to, press alt N
  for next.  The next page should come up and ask you to confirm that is the
  day and time you want to restore to.