Re: what is the incoming and out going server names for hotmail?

  • From: Craig Goodenough <epimetheus27@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:05:36 -0600

Greetings everyone!!
I just setup my account in Outlook Express for MSN.

Where you need to pay attention, is that your account login name must be
fully qualified eg. myname@xxxxxxxx  If you leave out the @msn.com than
it won't connect to the server..

Here is what is on my tabs when I go edit the account.

General:

Mail account: MSN

User Information

Name: Craig Goodenough
E-mail address/Reply address: epimetheus27@xxxxxxx

Server

My Mail server is an HTTP server
Mail Server
Mail Server: http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata
Login name: epimetheus27@xxxxxxx
Paxxword:xxxxxxxxxl

That's about it

All of this is done automatically when you start the new account wizzard
in outlook express.

Cheers

Craig Goodenough

PS:  The email server may be different for your location, so it may not
work if you use the one I specified.