Re: what is best way to learn JAWS and the pc as a total newbie?

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:58:03 -0000

Hi again, things are not logical,I could and did type on a little Hermes
portable,till a few years ago, and sight damage I acquired,not genetic hitme
outof blue. I did not use or even have a rubber when I typed  touch typing?
Yes, how come then using a Computer I am not able to put two words together
without mistakes? I need a spell checker all the time, It does not make
sense I know, but touching a Computer and making mistakes go hand in hand
and I have become  an illiterate louse, I had to get  used to  artificial
speech, hated it  and the idea of having speech engines is heart sinking I
want the best yet using Jaws English voice which I tried was not very
good,same with my Ocr,the English voice seems a problem,andand   just
sticking to one a bit like Eloquence  Best of british luck Dorothy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>