Re: what is best way to learn JAWS and the pc as a total newbie?

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:03:22 -0000

Hi, I will answer you I am I agree listening more than looking, if I do look
Magnification is no help I do not use the Magnification features of Lunar, I
need the dark screen which is what many need, other products I am told like
supernova and Wineyes are able to do this, but at the time I bought no one
expected Jaws not  to, Magic was put on and the effects were  hilarius, and
put on by Chief technicians!, what did Magic do? well assuming the person
putting it on was sober, large prinnt and strange figures came on from the
right of the screen, upside down! looking like under water sea monsters,  I
was astonished they put it on and of and on again ,until I had vertigoe, and
had to hang on to my computer chair, it sounds like a farce and it was, one
bright man who shall be nameless but was studding IT, for his Phd, had a look
over some information I did not get to see myself,he explained why someone
named  Eric Damery's suggested remedy
would not work and why it was based on
false assumptions by Fs, in a nutshell, Jaws sees white font on black screen
as highlighted or selected print and does not therefore see it normally, what did Jaws do? It did not see or interpret what was on the screen correctly, Magic made it worse, I have the costly itemin a box, the print floated off on left of screen and
came in again on the right side,, a whole list of people attempted to do
some awful settings got by an Fs support in Germany who got them
from Florida, no one could make them work, then one bright gifted young man
spotted my problem and he knew when he was at his training school for vips
he had seen Lunar invert the screen to High contrast black, it does work,but
now I shallbe moving to windows 7 andhave bought a new Dell computer with
best specs I could find, I wanted to know from fs Head office wwell kind
sirs, do I still have to go on doing this yes or no,all I want is one clear
and honest answer,not a lot to ask in my opinion, the evasiveness that is
what angers me. I even tried to pay a local Engineer who once worked for a
firm of electronicsCompany to solve it by making a "switching box, however that is
another story, so I have tried and will not  give up, or move to another
screen reader,had I known at the start of course I would,do you think I
liked being put through the mill? Dorothy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>