Re: what is best way to learn JAWS and the pc as a total newbie?

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 23:39:02 -0000

Yes dan Clark is I believe a Trainer, just as bryan Carver is Director of
Technical Support,latter in St Petersburg  I have Emailed both gentlemen
recently to ask the following will Jaws 11,now work in Monochrome, by which
I mean black screen and white Font, Dan Clark once said Jaws 9 could but did
not send the specific settings, Bryan Carver on instructions from Dr Lee
Hamilton telephoned to say No it cannot any more we have run trials and
since it would take"far more than a script we are not intending doing a fix,
"but
if we do,you will be the first to know! does it matter? Yes it does,for some
with some residual vision using black screen and white Font is by far the
easiest on the eyes
was it sold to me as working in Monochrome? Yes, could They sole vendor make
it work that way? No, Have I telephoned head office
? Yes,do I get an
answer? I get a nice Hungarian Pa who says I"I keep asking them both but
they do not tell me!" me"can I leave a message on their answering" Yes by
all means,which I do and am always told "have a great day, or have a very
good day" do I give up? No,I do listen however to the sound of silence,it
does not sound like music to my ears but I guess it is all yours truly is
going to get,why did early versions of Jaws work that way? I do not know I
can guess it was easier to colour the pallets actualy it was an engineer who
said the last few words,he used to demonstrate computers and used windows 98
even if selling Xp, why does FS notState clearlyWell   I suppose it is a
minority issue and they do not matter really.What is 1 individual worth in
the bigger scheme of things,not to forget Non Disclosure policies.  since I
am using Lunar to do a job Jaws no longer can do,I ask  and await a clear
honest answer.
Dorothy
--------- From: "I Hughes" <khughes8@xxxxxxxxx>