Re: what is best way to learn JAWS and the pc as a total newbie?

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 19:11:31 -0000

Alex, It is different over here, if you are in employment you get help with your software under Access to work,, however if not or retired you are on your own and need to use your savings to buy help, it can and hold your breat cost " 250 perday or more from the Vendor, so you think I will try local Education center, lady has to have jaws puton a pc, since I wave the DDA act at Charlie the It Manager, poor woman has not a clue, she has aclass full of people I am odd one out, others are all impatient to "keep up with the Grand kids she cannot do it says she will put a few noteson a tape, I had2,then she gave up completely my Local Association for the Blind closed its It Department and resources Center, so I think,I will try and spend a week at Manor House what is Manor House? was note past tense a lovely old house owned by rnib in Torquay lovely Devon, I had to have an operation first and,did not want to delay I paid a £1,000 and went down, on arriving I find 17 members of staff have gone,been made redundant and soon the lovely house once a Red cross home and given to Rnib is to be sold, however I spend the week in bed recovering from left over effects of a hospital which had infections, Well I did get out alive more than many, they at manor house were kind to me even if I was in bed, do I regret the £1,000 ? No,I argued with the Rnib who were closing it down Lady given job said"it was a cash cow,should have been shut down 10,years ago, did the employees at Manor House get redundancy pay? I was told by a rnib volunteer I knew" if it was run as a limited company they could have got nothing it all so that is it it all depends on the way the dice falls. Sorry for the rant. Dorothy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Midence" <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>