RE: what effect will this have on us, if any?

  • From: "Robert S. Batchelor" <leehigh73@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:02:17 -0500

check the microsoft web site they have links for all the different versions
that they still support

Eliminate annoying spam!

My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster.
http://www.ihatespam.net <http://www.ihatespam.net/>

  _____

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:46:09 -0600
Subject: Daylight Savings Time Changes

From: University Computing and Communications

Ref.:  Daylight Savings Time Changes

The Energy Policy Act of 2005 changed the way that Daylight Savings Time
(DST) is implemented. Starting in the spring of 2007, there are four
additional weeks of DST.  It will now begin at 2:00AM on Sunday March 11 (3
weeks earlier), and end at 2:00AM on Sunday November 4 (1 week later).

This change in the law will cause many computer systems to report inaccurate
time. Operating systems, as well as applications that use the local computer
time for reference such as email clients, will need to be updated.   Updates
will need to be applied to computing systems including servers, PCs, mobile
devices, and applications such as Outlook.  In the past few days, UCC has
completed updates to enterprise server systems and to all Windows XP
machines connected to the UNO-domain.

All Microsoft Outlook clients will need to run an update calendar program to
allow for correction of the DST setting.  UCC has instructions on how to
install this update at  http://ucc.uno.edu/DST_Update2.cfm#L2

For client machines not part of the UNO-domain, laptops, non-Windows
systems, or mobile devices, please refer to the documentation available at
http://www.ucc.uno.edu/DST_Update.cfm#
<http://www.ucc.uno.edu/DST_Update.cfm>   for recommended procedures.

For any questions related to this issue, please contact the UCC Help Desk at
280-HELP or at helpdesk@xxxxxxx

  _____

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
AM