Re: virtualise window in jfw 11

  • From: "Bob Verity" <rtverity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:46:50 -0600

From the JAWS help:

Virtual Viewer
The Virtual Viewer is a message window allowing you much greater
functionality with many JAWS messages. Press INSERT+F1 to experience a
message in the Virtual Viewer. While INSERT+F1 messages are the messages
most frequently displayed in the Virtual Viewer, other messages appear there
as well:

  a.. Hot Key Help Messages (INSERT+H)
  b.. Windows Key Help messages (INSERT+W)
  c.. Screen Sensitive Help Technical messages (CTRL+INSERT+F1)
  d.. Several types of informational messages within Microsoft Office
applications
Easily review information with standard reading commands. Read by line,
word, or character. Select text as you would in any word processing program
and copy it to the clipboard. Press CTRL+HOME or CTRL+END to move to the top
or bottom of the message.

Links take you to other messages or activate commands within your
applications or within Windows. Press ENTER to select a link, or press
INSERT+F7 to list all links in a message and select the one you want from
the list.

Press ESC to close a message, or just TAB to the next control in a dialog
and the message closes automatically. The following commands also perform
their normal actions and automatically close the Virtual Viewer: SHIFT+TAB,
CTRL+TAB, F1, INSERT+J, INSERT+F1+F1, CTRL+ESC.

By default, messages are visible on the screen in the Virtual Viewer, and
this is very helpful for sighted trainers. However, the Virtual Viewer can
be set so it is not visible on the screen. Change this in the Basic Settings
Dialog under the Options menu in the JAWS application window, or in the User
options dialog in Configuration Manager.

Note: If you want the Virtual Viewer visible in some applications, but not
others, use Configuration Manager to change this setting.