video intercept manager, reversing

  • From: Bill Tipton <billtipton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:56:19 -0700

Hi,

Can you use the video intercept manager to un merge the Jaws video driver
from the original video drivers ?
Is this what happens when you choose the unhook option?
If so do you just run that and choose unhook, it has been a while since I
ran it.

I want my video drivers to be the exact ones that were installed with the
video card and drivers that came with it.

I am not sure, but have heard that after you install Jaws it changes them
slightly with this video intercept manager.

Maybe I am incorrect and Jaws does not do anything to change the video
drivers in your system32 folder for Win 2k and XP Pro.

I am going to install NetMeeting and configure it and have noticed this
does change the video drivers and want to start with the original drivers
before doing this step.
Then when I install Jaws it will use the modified NetMeeting video drivers
and be happy.

Thanks for your help.

         Bill

What does the video intercept manager do.
I have run it before after doing things to my video driver and needed to
run it to make Jaws work again.