Re: video intercept error

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:28:35 -0700

Hi Chris,
The update seems to be automatic.  My wife didn't know it was happening, and
another friend was updating her version of Sonic (CD-DVD player software) and
it updated the video without notice.

To fix this, I didn't have to repair JAWS, although that seems to work as well.
 I just did a system restore to the previous day and turned off the automatic
updates.

As an aside, we have 9 workstations, all with the same video cards, memory,
same hardware.  JAWS 5 (at the time) installed well on all of them except one.
We got the video intercept error on it.  We got it dealt with, but it was just
interesting.

Francis