Re: video intercept error

  • From: "david h carter" <dhcarter1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:20:02 -0400

To selectively download updates without going to the Microsoft web site:

Under control panel go to system then control+tab to the automatic updates
tab then choose notify me but don't automatically download or install them.
As updates are available they will show up in system tray.

Dialogs prompt you through the down load and install process. If you choose
expert over automatic, you can choose the particular downloads. If I
remember, it's difficult to tell when an item is selected. I don't remember
off hand, but perhaps one starts by assuming they all are selected and just
have to live with no confirmation that you have deselected by using the
space bar.

Also if I remember, can't you keep using automatic downloads and have it set
to download only critical updates? I could be wrong about this, I set it up
a long time ago, but I don't remember getting any driver updates.