Re: using jfw on secure websites?

  • From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:46:09 -0500

Hi Stephen,
If you are using Internet Explorer, you should hear a dialog box when you
enter on a link that is going to take you to a secure web page.

I leave this dialog on, so I do hear the warning.

Just press enter for "okay," to close the dialog.

Another way to make sure you are on a secure page is to check the address
bar.

You should hear "https" in the adress.  The "s" indicates that the web page
is secure.

Others may have better suggestions, but this is what I rely on.

Crystal