Re: using USB dectalk or dectalk pc card with jaws

  • From: "Jerry Richer" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:17:01 -0500

     Chevelle!  I don't know what DEC-Talk is more responsive but I do know
that the guys who developed the DEC-Talk USB are both blind and at least one
of them has used every DEC-Talk ever made and that a lot of effort went into
the DEC-Talk USB project with respect to responsiveness and quality of
speech.  The DEC-Talk USB speech is the closest thing to version 4.2 speech,
except of course for 4.2.  Unfortunately the 4.2 specs have been lost but
between Access Solutions and Phonix many people feel that the DEC-Talk USB
speech is faithful to 4.2.  A good thing about the DEC-Talk USB is that the
speech can be updated as corrections are made to the speech.
     Shipping anywhere in the United States is included in the $650.00
price.

Chirp|Chirp|Chirp: It's the Bat, Chirping Bat .Com