Re: updating JFW

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:49:50 -0600

FS should make the last beta before final release available publically, and advise that no support will be provided. This way, the people who are experienced will be able to report anything unusual to FS if it happens.

"frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx" is a NetIBA certified email address. Certificate #1070793E. Please visit NetIBA at http://www.netiba.com/?22912

From: "Brian Blair" <brianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: updating JFW
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:45:22 -0900

I would totally agree with Bruce. I downloaded Jaws version 7 the day it was released and have been using it on two Dell dimension 4700s with 512 MB of RAM and Win XP and service pack 2, and on my home system with Win XP Home and have not had any of these problems mentioned on the list.

But with so many possible configurations of hardware, and software I suppose it's really difficult to discover these problems before a release. I wonder how extensively JFW versions are beta tested before their general release. And how would this compare to the number of beta testers for general market stuff like Microsoft products? I suspect this is one of the serious challenges specialized software vendors like Freedom Scientific have to deal with.

Brian