Re: uninstalling jaws 6.0

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 06:37:29 -0700

I'm not sure why the context menu -- which you can get not only by pressing
Shift F10, but also with a press of the Context Menu key to the immediate
left of the right Control key or by pressing the right mouse button (num pad
star) --is being recommended here, because you can accomplish this task just
by focusing on the folder that contains the remaining Jaws files  you'd like
to get rid of, and simply pressing Delete. At which point, same as with the
other methods, Windows will ask if you're sure you wish to perform this
deletion, and you respond Yes, and that's that. Also, there isn't anything
"weird" about these files still being on your computer. Some Jaws files are
often or always left behind after a Jaws uninstall from the Jaws Start
Menu/Programs method, and it's a common final step to take, going to
c:\Program Files, checking  to see if there's anything left behind by the
uninstall, and deleting the folder and its contents. Just be sure you're on
the version of Jaws that you intend to uninstall, not one you're using and
need to keep.

Good luck. Don't worry. Nothing went wrong. You just have to finish the
uninstall in this way, yourself.
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 5:48 AM
Subject: Re: uninstalling jaws 6.0

Easy! Just locate the JAWS 6 programme folder, press shift+F10 (or the
applications key) to open the context menu, arrow to delete, and press
enter. If you're asked if you're sure you want to do this, press enter
or y. Hope that helps.
On Fri, 25 May 2007 23:58:34 +0800, "golden" <golden789@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> hi
>
> i have uninstalled jaws 6.0 from my school laptop. but rather weird
> remnants
> of JAWS 6 is still found under programs.
> anything i can do to remove it entirely?
> i'm running XP pro SP2.
> THANKS FOR SHARING.
>
> --
> JFW related links: