Re: totally reinstalling jaws

  • From: James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:46:34 -0400

When you insert the JAWS CD and the dialogue box pops up, instead of
hitting the repair option, hit the install option instead. JAWS will do two
things. Firstly, it will uninstall the current copy, minus the
authorization key; that will remain on your hard drive. Then, it will
reinstall the program, completely. You shouldn't have to manually remove
anything. Just be sure you back up your settings somewhere outside the
jaws50 directory, because when the program is uninstalled, that will
include all subdirectories.

James