top and bottom edge alert in Microsoft Word

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS users list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:26:12 -0700

Hi:

I've just installed JAWS 9 and was in the new verbosity dialogue changing some
things, noticing that they now had an option to turn on or off the annoying
sound we used to have in JAWS 8 when you reached the top and bottom of
documents, lists, etc. Thing is, I've come to rely on that in MS Word since
having the feature, but can't seem to turn it on. yet, it works in other areas
such as windows explorer. Is anyone else having this issue? I am using the
latest build.

Patricia