RE: the accessibility of office 2003 with jaws 5.00.844?

  • From: "Jerry Berrier" <jerry.berrier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:33:18 -0400

It works fairly well, but from what I understand Freedom Scientific has not
yet ensured that Office 2003 is accessible.  I have not had any major
problems with it, but here's one example of something that didn't work well.
I know how to create mailing labels in Word using an Excel database, but I
was unable to do it with Office 2003, because they've created a new and
improved module for mailing labels; unfortunately it doesn't seem to be very
speech friendly.
That was the only significant problem I found.  By the way, I'm using
Windows XP Home edition, not Professional.  Not sure if that makes a
difference. I was going to upgrade to Professional, but I think it requires
a more expensive version of JAWS.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that.