Re: the "Find" function in MS Word

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:58:47 -0800

Dean,
Thanks for the additional ways to resume a Find.  One related thing I'd
appreciate knowing more about is this:  Like a lot of people, I've only
found out the hard way that once you've done a Find in Word, control page
down seems to permanently lose its navigational function, and that if you
really want to use it again, desperately, you have to exit and relaunch
Word.

Now, this has always seemed extreme to me.  Isn't there some way to cancel
the Find routine after you've found what you wanted to, so that Control
PageDown reverts to its normal function?

thanks.