Re: the "Find" function in MS Word

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:38:07 -0800

Debbie, seriously, I wasn't being critical.  But it confused me at the point
where it seemed as if you were teaching Word itself, which is fine if for
some reason people are managing to use a program but haven't actually
learned about it from instructions or reading documentation.  But I just got
confused when you went into explaining the Find procedure, I mean about why
you were explaining it,to the point where I wondered for a moment if there
was something I might be missing.

But as long as you're generous enough to offer some hints and instructions,
there's no harm in making sure that people aren't mystified more than
necessary by that function in the program and explaining its normal use.  I
was really just wondering if I wasn't understanding something.

Daniel
ehtehr