system file checking using free CD for X P home users

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:38:54 -0500

Hi, all,
Just  ordered my free Service Pack 2 CD from Microsoft dated Aug 25, 2004
for Home users.

So  assuming one  has  the original X P Home C D and this C D and  one  has
installed   Service Pack 1:
then do you use the X P Home C D and the Service Pack 2 C D  to do  system
file checking?
Has any one  *really* done that?
Perhaps I  am  not adequately informed,  but it sounds  like one   is
layering on differing processes and  perhaps one  had better get it right
before trying it.....?
Thanks inadvance.
This is JAWS related as sooner or later some one on this list is going to
need to do this and the outsourced technical support from Microsoft although
very good English speakers  do not always realize that not all wish to use
the mouse etc.
If some one ever  does systemfile check with the 2 CDs and gets it right,
please write out the steps.