streaming radio on websites using JAWS

  • From: "Rik James" <Ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 21:48:02 -0600

Are there any secrets to operating these players on a lot of streaming radio
stations these days?
I used to love saving my stations URL in Favorites in a Real Player.  Are those
days mostly gone now?

Here is an example of one of these player.
My JAWS says no buttons.

http://www.am760.net/mediaplayer/

I am curious if any others using JAWS 12 with the latest update, on IE 9 with a
Windows 7 Home Premium machine has the same experience.
I seem to remember that my Jaws 11 on my old XP machine at least would tab to
an unlabeled button where I could start the player to play.

As I ask this question, just to throw in this bonus....   how about these
Internet WiFi radios?  Is there a way to use them?
Same goes for the mp3 players. I want to learn how to use something that will
be reliable and can be navigated using some sort of speech.
Does anyone else use the Rockbox open source on the Sandisk Sansa mp3 players?
I have had mixed experience, mostly with their crapping out after a short
while.  I don’t know about the IPod. I have avoided ITunes. But maybe this is
the most reliable of the mp3 players?

Thanks.
Rik