RE: strange loading and other things

  • From: "Jim Grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:10:37 -0800

Another thing I notus is that people love to blame there screen reader
for everything.  If they have a problem and jaws stops speaking they
assume that it is a jaws problem.  I had an issue like this the other
day it turned out to be that skype locked up my sound card tighter then
hell.  The only thing I could do was restart the system to get speech
back.  It was odd because the card it locked up was the card used for
speech and the ringing tones and things like that it was not the in and
out card.  It had nothing what so ever to do with jaws.  Remember the
eloquence crashing thing a little while back?  Once again not a jaws
problem but everyone was calling it a jaws bug.  Now for the person in
question it is time for you to back up all your data get the unattended
setup kit and reinstall windows.  I think you will find that after you
do this you will not have any where near the problem you have now.
Hth

jim grimsby
msn: jim.grimsby@xxxxxxx
email:  jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx