Re: still have parts of jfw 4.01 on system

  • From: "Dean Schmidt" <dschmidt1991@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 17:54:24 -0600

Yes, that should be correct.
Dean

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Agent86b
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 3:28 PM
  Subject: Re: still have parts of jfw 4.01 on system

  Hi,
  would the below line be correct? As I don't think it was FS at 4.01

    HKey_Local_Machine/Software/Freedom Scientific/JAWS/4.01.
   Max.
  on 06:55 8/10/2006, Dean Schmidt said:

    Hal,
    You're probably right, you've probably got a leftover registry key from
4.01 that wasn't deleted in the past. You can go to:
    HKey_Local_Machine/Software/Freedom Scientific/JAWS/4.01.
    then if you find that key go ahead and delete it. It shouldn't have any
adverse effects, but you could back up the registry or go back to a System
restore point if you have any problems.
    The installer first looks in the registry for Jaws versions, if it doesn't
find them there it would then look for the folder:
    C:\JAWS401

    Good luck,
    Dean

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hal Pearson" <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>